Facilities and Support for International Students
Financial support for private students
Types of financial support
Funding from Gifu Kyoritsu University
- Eligibility is limited to undergraduate students, postgraduate students and students of the Japanese Language Program.
- Financial support may be available to undergraduate, postgraduate and Japanese Language Program students of good character who have demonstrated excellence in their studies, but for financial reasons would otherwise be unable to complete such studies.
Public scholarship funding -- from the Japanese government, for example：
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarship funding for undergraduate, postgraduate and Japanese Language Program students through programs such as the Honors Scholarship for self-financed International Students.
Gifu Kyoritsu University
Type of Funding
Financial support for self-financed international students
- First year undergraduate students and first year transfer students 15,000 yen/month
- Up to second year students 20,000 yen/month
Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture
Type of Funding
Incentive Scholarship for self-financed international students
- undergraduate students 48,000 yen/month
- postgraduate students 65,000 yen/month
- Japanese Language Program students 48,000 yen/month
Accommodation for international students
Gifu Kyoritsu University provides dormitory accommodation for international students, sufficient to house all students wishing to make use of such accommodation. Students of the Japanese Language Program, however, are not guaranteed a place. Monthly rent ranges from 15,000 yen - 30,000 yen.
Logistical Support for International Students
The Gifu Kyoritsu University Student Affairs Section has specialized staff available to assist international students with inquiries regarding their studies and everyday matters.